I have always been short. I stopped growing at around the age of 13, and have been about 4’11” since. I, honestly, didn’t realise how short I was until other people started pointing it out; I thought my height and point of view was normal until then. It’s not my favourite trait, for a number of reasons (as I will explain below), but I have grown to embrace it over the years. So, here are 20 things every petite girl knows to be true:
1) Everyone thinks you’re 12.. or 10
Even kids who are years younger than you. It’s bad enough that those your age or older think this.
2) Wearing heels all the time
And everyone has to point out how short you are when you eventually take them off.
3) Walking with friends is more like a sprint
Whilst they might be strolling, you’re taking place in a track event on your own, by trying to keep up with their pace.
4) Tall guys can be annoying
5) But they also have their perks
6) You can’t buy normal clothes
You have no choice but to shop at places that do a petite range, and there aren’t that many of those around, and it can get costly.
7) A chair is your best friend
There are a lot of things in this world you won’t be able to reach, but a chair will never let you down!
8) Being able to buy teens/kids clothing
I fit into a 10 year old’s clothes, and I am not ashamed to admit it!… because I save money by doing so..
9) Being in a crowd is your worst nightmare
And not to mention going to concerts!
10) But everyone knows, we’re the best!